GF Consult staff has participated in many exploration and mineral development projects around the world, both for base and precious metals and for industrial minerals (see map below).
Recent assignments comprised, among others :
- Management and execution of exploration projects for gold and base metal mineralisation, including geological and structural mapping, geochemical and geophysical surveying, trenching, drilling and geological modelling (Belgium, Burkina Faso, Italy, Libya).
- Target generation, data compilation and detailed field evaluation of various specific mineral occurrences (Burkina Faso, Burundi, Democratic Republic of Congo, Mali, Morocco, Rwanda, Vietnam).
- Regional-scale mineral potential assessments for a large spectrum of commodities (Central Volcanic Arc in Myanmar, Copperbelt in the DR Congo) or for specific minerals (gypsum in Europe and Mediterranean Basin, gold in West Africa, industrial minerals in Africa).
- Customized training of project staff, including geochemical and geophysical surveying, core logging, basic and advanced application of GIS, geological mapping, implementation of QA/QC protocols, geochemical analysis using portable XRF (Belgium, Burundi, Burkina Faso, Italy, Rwanda,).
- Characterisation and assessment of the resources of tailings and rejects of former mines (Central France, Central Italy, Belgium, …).
These assignments were carried for international organisations (e.g. World Bank, United Nations) as well as for mining and exploration companies (e.g. B2Gold Corp, Rio Tinto, SCR-Sibelco, Anvil Mining NL, Nicron France SA, Flemish Gold Corp/Murchison Minerals, …).